Course Classes Venue:
The Minerva Centre
17 Hallstile Bank
Monday to Friday from 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Cost per student/per day is £35.00 (most art and craft materials are supplied by Minerva).
The aim of the course is to encourage students to make paintings and sculpture from their own ideas, gaining in confidence in their own abilities and enjoying working in a space with one another and with respect for the materials they use.
- Develop the use of drawing tools including pencils,charcoal, paint, and pastels.
- Application of different effects such as hatching, shading, and errasing.
- Application of various painting techniques such as washes, paint thicknesses, scumbling, and brush sizes.
- Develop the use of pastels for abstract and figurative work.
- Collage with various materials and explore different methods of creating shapes.
- Develop monoprinting and blockprinting through the creation of their own design.
- Transform found objects into interesting sculptures.
- Create molbile sculptures, etiher hanging or standing
- Improve observation skills, particularly of shape and colour.
- Improve decision making.
- Improve the ability to plan and explain their ideas.
- Improve teamwork and respect.